Do you love shopping for baby bath accessories in Malaysia for your little one? Well, purchasing all of those cute bathroom accessories is the easy part! Afterwards, it’s time to face the challenge–bathing your newborn baby. Bathing a baby can be stressful and tricky at first, most especially if your kid appears unhappy in the bathroom.
Here are some baby bath guidelines that can help you out.
How often should you bath your newborn?
Bathe your newborn baby 2 to 3 times a week. This should be enough, and will make your baby clean and happy. Some babies, though, really loves taking a bath, so their parents bathe them once a day. Also, it’s important to choose baby bath accessories and products well. Don’t let your baby’s skin dry out because of frequent bathing.
How long should you bath your baby?
5 to 10 minutes is long enough for babies, most especially the ones with sensitive, or dry skin.
How to prepare your baby for a bath?
- Make sure to check the water temperature. It should be around 37 to 38°C before you put your baby in. But, what if you don’t have a baby thermometer? Use your elbow and wrists to test temperatures.
- Before bathing your kind in a sink, run cold water to the tap once you are done filling the bath.
- Never add additional water while the baby is taking a bath.
- Turn your mobile phone off while taking the baby to a bathe. That way, will be les distracted.
- Don’t use those soaps that can dry out the skin of your baby. As much as possible, use a non-soap cleanser without any fragrance.
- Position the baby bath in a stable place. It should be situated in a height and area where you can hold the baby comfortable.
- Fill the bath with only about 5cm of water. This is the perfect amount of water for babies up to 6 months old.
- Take of jewelry pieces and watches, and wash your hands well.